Sunday, March 8, 2015

Welcome!

Hey everybody! My name is Zach, and this is my blog.

I got the idea for this blog a few days ago. My aunt and I are huge Bucks fans, and with our season tickets we like to get autographs at the games. I started getting autographs on a regular basis at the beginning of the 2014 MLB season. I enjoyed doing it a lot at Miller Park. Being able to meet your favorite players, you idols who you have looked up to for years. The autographs are my way of remembering how I met them. I want to share my life in this hobby with you guys.

I wish I could have started my blog earlier in the year. Towards the beginning of the NBA season. The adventures that have come within these last five months and the people that I have met while getting autographs make me a lucky kid.

Yesterday, the Bucks played the Wizards at the Bradley Center. As usual, my aunt picked me up and we headed downtown to get ready for a fun night. A Bucks legend, Bob Dandridge, was having his number retirement ceremony at halftime. I was hoping for a chance to meet him that night so when I downloaded pictures to print out for the game, I made sure to get one of him too.

Before the game, we waited in our usual spot hoping to get some autographs. I wound up getting a few guys to sign before the game. It started with Jared Dudley, He is one of my favorite players and it is always exciting for me when he signs. I also got Zaza Pachulia that night. From the Wizards side, I got a few guys and I am pretty happy with it! Drew Gooden signed for everybody in his return to Milwaukee. Also, I had a magazine of John Wall, the Wizards all-star point guard, and he signed it! So I got a total of four autographs before the game. It was not a ton, but I am always happy with even one autograph.

The game was exciting throughout the whole four quarters. It felt like a playoff atmosphere. The crows was energetic the entire time and both teams played like it was win or go home. After coming off of a four game road trip, where we could not successfully win a game, we exploded here at home. We beat Washington by a final score of 91-85.

After the game, my aunt and I took a seat for ten minutes before leaving. We always like to wait for the crows to disappear so it is easier to get out. Well as we were walking out, I noticed some commotion to my left. I looked in that direction and found Bobby Dandridge! I was super excited and asked if he could sign the picture. He was happy to do so. I said thank you and congratulated him on his number being retired before he got on his bus.

Tomorrow, my second favorite team, the New Orleans Pelicans, come to town, My mom's side of my family is from New Orleans so I like all teams from down there. I am really excited for it. More than any other game. I will post again either tomorrow after the game or Tuesday after school. Thanks for reading guys!

Zach Semancik

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the "blogosphere." Good luck with the blog; I have added it to my blogroll on my blog, so hopefully you'll start getting some views. Keep up the good work, and I'll see you around on here, or on Instagram! - William

    ReplyDelete